Homestay Conference: Vancouver 2018
Professional development conference for Homestay Managers
Homestay managers in Canadian schools have an essential role in the international student’s experience abroad, as they are the one connecting the host families with the student.
The homestay manager’s main responsibilities, among others, is to recruit and conduct comprehensive interviews of potential host families, perform visits to their home, and maintain a full record of each family. Besides that they need to keep constant contact with the host family, as well as select the best host family for the student, based on their preferences.
Gathering all data from the host families, and from the student to get to a perfect match may prove challenging. ISP Cloud aims to anticipate and simplify the data gathering from both student and host families via the application forms. A student application form will gather specific details regarding the preferences of the student, while an altogether different application form for host families will collect the host family’s data.
The data is saved directly into the ISP Cloud, and once you want to match a student to a host family, you can apply restrictions to identify the best matching host family for a particular student.
- ISP Educational Solutions is the leader for almost 20 years in providing schools all over Canada the software to manage their international students, homestays, and agents.
- Customer support and product development are provided by a team of over 20 people, part of a larger organization including Round13 Capital.
- Our company shareholders are Bruce Croxon, a well renown Canadian entrepreneur, television personality and Remus Lechintan, CEO of ISP Educational Solutions and RoundAssist, part of Round13 Capital, who has an experience of over 20 years in the Services and IT industry.
- We take pride in having Paul Robinson the founder of ISP Database, and currently, Ambassador of ISP Educational Solutions to share with us all the experience he has gathered along the 20 years while working closely with schools all over Canada dealing with international students.
- ISP Cloud is built using Angular JS and Symfony
- Mobile responsive design
- Secure data over an HTTPS connection from anywhere in the world
- Daily backups for your database
- Data Centre location: 151 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5J 2N1
- Online Homestay Application Form and Application Processing
- Homestay Data Management
- Audit Log
HOMESTAY APPLICATION FORM
- Online application for your future homestay parents
- The host families can upload home & family pictures
- Online tracking by the host families of their application status (pending/approved or rejected)
Homestay Application Form Video
HOMESTAY DATA MANAGEMENT
One administrative portal to:
- Online review and processing of homestays’ parents applications
- Custom Datasheet view with host families; the view can be arranged individually by each user
- Match your homestays’ and students’ based on their preferences and availability
- Edit basic Host family details
- Manage family members information
- Add notes about your homestays
- Upload host family pictures
- Document repository to store various documents in one place
Homestay Employee Dashboard Video
LETTERS AND REPORTS
- Create and customize homestay letters
- Bulk Emailing
- View, add, edit or delete reports
- Export host family reports (.csv, .xls)
AUDIT LOG AND SETTINGS
- Keep track of user activity and changes made to homestay data
- Manage user accounts and their web access.